domingo, noviembre 10, 2013

How the enemy sees us

Peter Rosset brought this document to my attention. It reads like a CIA case officer reporting to his superiors in Langley headquarters. In fact, it reads like a Wikileaked document. As I read it, it felt like a top secret intelligence report that we were never meant to read.

Twelve Myths, Food First and Via Campesina
June 30, 2013 by Paul Christensen
http://www.intlcorn.com/seedsiteblog/?p=1597

Author Paul Christensen has as much modesty as Muhammad Ali. Here is how he describes himself:

I am retired Coordinator of the Seed Technology and Business program at the Iowa State University Seed Science Center and Staff member of BIGMAP, the Biosafety Institute for Genetically Modified Agricultural Products. I have also worked for Monsanto, DEKALB Genetics, and Funk Seeds International, which is now part of Syngenta, and worked for USAID in Africa. Much of my technical activity has been associated with product testing and development. As a University Faculty member, I was exposed to many forms of opposition to agricultural biotechnology and the commercial seed industry, and I think that I have developed a unique understanding of some of the philosophical opposition to modern plant technology. I have a well-developed understanding of the kinds of arguments used for and against seed and biotechnology regulation and policy. (Boldface added) http://www.intlcorn.com/seedsiteblog/?author=1

Notice he regards the opposition to GMO's as "philosophical". He does not acknowledge any scientific or social validity to our critiques. To the likes of Christensen, we are just being philosophical.

Etiquetas: ,

0 Comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]

<< Página Principal