viernes, julio 11, 2008

From Anna Lappe's climate blog

http://www.takeabite.cc/

Back in the Saddle

Topics:
Blog, Forests, Organic Food & Farming

Friday, July 11th, 2008, 8:53 AM

I returned to the U.S. with images of 18-course G8 Summit dinners swimming in my head and the food price crisis continuing seemingly unabated. [See my mother, Frances Moore Lappe, on Democracy Now with Amy Goodman breaking it down.]

I also returned to read my colleague, farmer Jim Goodman’s, powerful reporting on the floods that swept through his community. [Read his diary at Living La Vida Locavore from Daily Kos blogger Jill Richardson.]

Meanwhile, though mainstream papers like the Financial Times are calling for a moratorium on corn-based ethanol, our country’s headlong rush and multi-billion financing of this environmental and social blunder continues unabated. [I talk about this with some esteemed colleagues and media heroine Laura Flanders on Grit.tv. Check out the conversation on Grit.tv and let us know what you think!]

Etiquetas: ,